2014 Mock Draft
1. Houston Texans – Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina – I think Houston has a bigger needs than DE ( ala QB) but Manziel is too small, Bridgewater has had a less than stellar offseason and Bortles is the only other option other than trading down. Houston decides to take the once every 10 years talent in Clowney.
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) – Greg Robinson OT Auburn, they are going to either A look to move this pick for someone moving up for a QB or Watkins or B. go take someone to protect Bradford or whomever
3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M – Do I think he is the best QB available? No, I’d give that to Bortles but do I think he presents the most upside and at the very least will be an attraction in a drowning city? Yes. You have to remember the NFL is also a business.
4. Cleveland Browns – Sammy Watkins WR Clemson – They want tickets to be sold, they want to have an explosive O, they already have Gordon. Watkins and Gordon are terrifying.
5. Atlanta Falcons (trade with Raiders) – Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo – It’s a silly trade but ATL needs a pass rusher more than anything and will make moves to do so. Dimtroff has shown that.
6. Oakland Raiders (trade with ATL) – Mike Evans WR Texas A&M – They need a weapon that’s not Denarius Moore
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Aaron Donald DT Pitt – Its our first sort of surprise pick but Lovie Smith loves the Tampa 2 and Donald is perfect for it
8. Minnesota Vikings – Blake Bortles QB UCF – Minnesota needs something….anything really and Blake Bortles is my #1 QB on my board. With Patterson and Peterson in the fold and Bortles ability to push the ball down field into tight spaces expect success
9. Buffalo Bills – Jake Matthews Texas A&M – You almost forget about him the way the draft unfolded but Matthews is the real deal.
10. Detroit Lions – Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State – Any person who has Darqueze Dennard in the top 10 is a fool. Justin Gilbert will be the pick here and is a better CB than Dennard. If not it could be Odell Beckham at this slot
11. Tennessee Titans – Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville – They cant pass him up if he falls there, they just can’t Locker is not the answer.
12. New York Giants- Dee Ford DE/OLB Auburn – Remember when the Giants had a great pass rush, they need to get back to that state. It’s a bit early but the kids an animal, look him or Kony Ealy here
13. St. Louis Rams – Odell Beckham JR WR LSU – Tavon Austin is a specialized tool not a complete weapon.. Beckham… now that’s a weapon.
14. Chicago Bears – Darqueeze Dennard CB MSU – Tillman is old as anything and Aaron Donald is off the board
15. Pittsburgh Steelers – Louis Nix III NT Notre Dame – I would say go Jernigan or Hageman but they aren’t true NT’s so the pick should be Nix.
16. Dallas Cowboys – Haha Clinton Dix S Alabama – I think Pryor is better, hell I think Joyner is better but I am not the GM regardless Dallas needs a S, if Haha “falls” then Dallas will gladly take him
17. Baltimore Ravens – Zack Martin OT/OG Notre Dame – They need to shore up the line, he assures this
18. New York Jets – Eric Ebron TE UNC – Ebron is very very good, Lee could be the pick here ( I think he sucks) but with Ebron on the board they go for the game changer
19. Miami Dolphins – Taylor Lewan OT Michigan – This kid could have been a #2 pick last year, Miami is getting value.
20. Arizona Cardinals – Anthony Barr OLB UCLA – They could go QB but Palmer is a decent enough option to where they don’t have to reach for David Carr right now. They bolster the pass rush with Barr
21. Green Bay Packers – CJ Mosley LB Alabama – Green Bay needs any LB honestly, Mosley slipping a bit makes them very happy.
22. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State – I think its between Cooks, Lattimer and the safety Pryor from Louisville. Chip Kelly has seen Cooks at Oregon st during his time at Oregon. Chip goes Pac – 12 connection
23. Kansas City Chiefs – Marqise Lee WR USC – I think he is garbage, but I think he could be a fit in the west coast offense of Andy Reid
24. Cincinnati Bengals – Jason Verrett CB TCU – What Verrett lacks in size he makes up for in ball skills. He has a lot of those
25. San Diego Chargers – Kyle Fuller CB VTech– San Diego needs CB’s bad, Fuller or Roby should be the pick here
26. Cleveland Browns (from Indianapolis Colts) – David Carr QB Fresno State – He is a bit of a project, I doubt some of his mental abilities but that arm to Watkins and Gordon… you can’t pass that off
27. New Orleans Saints- Kony Ealy DE Mizzou – Nola needs a edge rusher and Kony Ealy is great at that
28. Carolina Panthers – Morgan Moses OT Virginia – Jordan Gross retired.. it’s time to bring in a weapon
29. New England Patriots – Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech – If you think the Pats picking up Lafell was the answer you could not be more wrong. Amaro will be the pick here but then again who knows what Belichick has planned.
30. San Francisco 49ers – Ra’Shade Hageman DT/DE Minnesota – This is another no brainer at this juncture, Hageman is versatile and has gobs potential, he is going to right place to be preened
31. Denver Broncos – Ryan Shazier OLB OSU – Versatile and very good.
32. Seattle Seahawks – Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama – They need OL help anywhere really, Cyrus gives them flexibility. e